We believe great work happens when great people work together. That’s why we’re always looking for the next great person.
Keen to join a business that is small and nimble – yet involved in a broad range of work and high profile projects? Realise bigger isn’t always better, and bigger doesn’t always get you as involved as you’d like?
We’re specialist Planners, and our philosophy is to specialise in our area of expertise and work seamlessly with others specialising in theirs.
If your enthusiastic about the work you do and you’re keen to be involved in an environment where you’re working closely with clients, project partners and stakeholders then Stradegy is right for you.
We work alongside small developers, through to multi-disciplinary municipal projects and we’re experienced in Environment Court with qualified Commissioners as part of our team. Whether it be resource consenting, policy development or implementation/strategic planning, we’re a small company that’s big on range
With an already well established client network that continues to grow and an expanding range of work we’re looking for a passionate planning consultant to join our team.
In valuing relationships it’s all about the right fit as opposed to someone who fits in a box. So, whether you’re at an intermediate or senior level or interested in urban or more environmental matters, if you’re passionate about doing good work and achieving good outcomes then we’d be interested in hearing from you.
Here’s the sort of work you’d be involved in:
- Helping Councils develop progressive frameworks for improving municipal wastewater and stormwater discharges,
- Building our cities through planning new commercial developments and community facilities.
- Working with farmers to develop water storage solutions,
- Contributing to the development of new policy approaches on behalf of Councils, stakeholder groups and the private sector,
- Designing new subdivisions and residential developments,
- Assisting Councils in implementing their policies and special projects,
And because our project partners are a core part of a successful outcome, you’ll also be talking with architects, engineers, scientists, lawyers, surveyors and other planners on a daily basis.
- You’ll have at least 2-3 years RMA planning experience in New Zealand for an intermediate role or 6 years+ for a more senior one,
- Have membership or eligibility for full membership to the New Zealand Planning Institute,
- Have a passion for planning and achieving good outcomes,
- Have good time management and a willingness to get stuck in,
- Have an aptitude for building and maintaining great relationships with clients and colleagues, including people on the other side of the fence,
- You’ll be technically strong for your level of experience, be on point and demonstrate confidence in your role.
You won’t be working alone, however – you’ll be part of a tight-knit team who support each other to achieve great things at work and at home.
Specialising in Urban, Environmental and Strategic Planning, the team at Stradegy (no that’s not a typo!) are involved in high profile projects across Aotearoa.
These are unprecedented times with the growth that is taking place in the Manawatū region. Large Transport Infrastructure projects, heightened levels of urban development and design, upcoming legislative reforms, and growing investment in three waters infrastructure to name a few. Given all that’s happening in the region, they need an enthusiastic and talented new team member to take on the challenge as their new Planner.
You may be a few years into your career or come with extensive experience. Whatever stage you’re at, you’ll have the chance to get your hands dirty, work across a range of projects, deepen your specialist knowledge and/or broaden your experience through working across different specialist areas.
You’ll have a confident and collaborative style that connects with people (including those on the other side of the fence) and enables you to build and maintain trusted relationships with clients, project partners, and stakeholders. Good time management comes naturally to you and you’ll be well versed in Resource Management Act planning within NZ.
You’ll be working with an experienced team in a really supportive environment who all have a genuine desire to see their communities progress environmentally, economically and socially. For those that can’t go without, there’s even a fancy coffee machine in the office!
If you think this sounds like a bit of you and what you can bring to the table, get in touch or apply now.